Sunday, March 18, 2012

Camera Practice at the LA Marathon

Santa Monica, California
I know this has little to do with art education, but I rolled out of bed this morning just in time to grab the camera and walk over to see the elite winners of the LA Marathon approach the finish line and had to share:) These shots are a few blocks before the finish. We had rain all day yesterday, so it was a surprise to see this glorious day today!!

Motorcycles with lights flashing precede the lead runners.

Here comes the elite women's frontrunner. She is the first to head for the line.
This is the car that precedes the elite men's leader.
And there he goes -- I was a bit late on the snap for this one because I was trying to remember how to set the continous setting. By the time I remembered he was flying past me!! Lesson learned -- next time adjust settings in advance:))
Now that I've had my adrenaline rush for the day, I'm going to get a cup of coffee and the paper and start my Sunday the way I usually do -- a little news, the crossword puzzle and ..... maybe even a little art:)) 
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out to be an ideal day for the runners didn't it Christie? I used to live along the route in the Miracle Mile. We'd go out and cheer on them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I had expected more rain so I slept late and almost missed the frontrunners. Glad I made it over to see it!!

      Delete